Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add new mail account to Iphone after IOS 10 upgrade

Hello,

After upgrading to IOS 10, while trying to add a new mail account, ex. Yahoo, I get the UId and password page. After that, the phone flashes the Sync content for a second and goes back to mail setting and would add my new mail id. I have done this atleast 10 times so far with different account. Will much appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks

Adit

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Sep 29, 2016 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2017 8:35 AM

I have a similar problem and the above mentioned solution did not work.

About a week ago I was running my iPhone 6 with 4x Hotmail accounts and 1x gmail account and utilizing the native iOs Mail, Calendar and Contacts. The version of iOs was 10.2.X which was the latest version prior to 10.3.

On the day that 10.3 was available for download, I was no longer able to access any mail and the follow screen came up:

User uploaded file

I would then proceed with entering any of my accounts and we get stuck here with no further options:

User uploaded file

By pressing the home button to exit, I would end up at the first screen. Figuring that there may have been a version issue, I backed up my phone and upgraded to iOs 10.3. Same problem existed. I tried restoring from backup, with no success.

I did have success adding all accounts by restarting as new phone but lost everything loaded on phone. Reverted back to non functioning backup.

I did try sequence as mentioned in the original thread starting from this page:

User uploaded file

Whether I entered the account manually or from the first screen, I would select save settings on the screen just prior to the second attachment. The phone would then go back to the initial screen identically above (#3) and have no account added.

Suggestions for next steps?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2017 8:35 AM in response to raina_b22

I have a similar problem and the above mentioned solution did not work.

About a week ago I was running my iPhone 6 with 4x Hotmail accounts and 1x gmail account and utilizing the native iOs Mail, Calendar and Contacts. The version of iOs was 10.2.X which was the latest version prior to 10.3.

On the day that 10.3 was available for download, I was no longer able to access any mail and the follow screen came up:

User uploaded file

I would then proceed with entering any of my accounts and we get stuck here with no further options:

User uploaded file

By pressing the home button to exit, I would end up at the first screen. Figuring that there may have been a version issue, I backed up my phone and upgraded to iOs 10.3. Same problem existed. I tried restoring from backup, with no success.

I did have success adding all accounts by restarting as new phone but lost everything loaded on phone. Reverted back to non functioning backup.

I did try sequence as mentioned in the original thread starting from this page:

User uploaded file

Whether I entered the account manually or from the first screen, I would select save settings on the screen just prior to the second attachment. The phone would then go back to the initial screen identically above (#3) and have no account added.

Suggestions for next steps?

Apr 18, 2017 3:45 PM in response to iphonepokemon

I took my phone to the Apple Store for troubleshooting. The only other thing to try above what I had already completed was reset settings. This would leave the apps but reset any corrupt data.

Unfortunately this did not work for me and I needed to rebuild the phone as a new device. Hopefully your experience is better than mine. Has been working fine since then. (I think my mail account was badly corrupt anyway because the memory space being consumed is much less now)

Nov 1, 2017 3:30 PM in response to technoatomic

Looks like something in yahoo might have also changed. The way i got around this was going into yahoo calendar, then clicking on actions------>share. Then clicking continue. At the point you will get 3 options: Enable my public calendar, invite people by e-mail or generate links. I picked generate links, and used the bottom ics one to create a new subscribe calendar on my iphone.

Sep 30, 2016 10:45 AM in response to technoatomic

Hi technoatomic,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

It looks like after upgrading to iOS 10, you are unable to add your Yahoo email account. I know that it's important you have your email account set up so you can access messages.

I would suggest trying to set up the email account manually to see if you get the same result. Please see the article Set up an email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, specifically, this section:

Set up an account manually

Make sure that you know your email settings. If you don’t know them, you can look them up or contact your email provider. Then follow these steps:

1. Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
  2. Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.

If Mail can't find your email settings, you need to enter them manually. After you enter your email address and password, tap Next, then follow these steps:

1. Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.
  2. Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Then tap Next. If you don't have this information, try to look it up or contact your email provider.

User uploaded file
  3. If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you'll be asked to edit them.

If you still can't set up your email account or save your email settings, contact your email provider.

Let us know how it goes.

Have an amazing day!

Unable to add new mail account to Iphone after IOS 10 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.