Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Sierra Roxio Toast compatibility

I am unable to run Roxio Toast 10 after I successfully and smoothly upgraded to Sierra, OS 10.12. I was happy to upgrade to Toast 15 but user reviews were horrid.

Additionally, if Toast is a lost cause my ultimate goal is to record and save my radio broadcasts as a podcast in MP4 or WAV format. Any thoughts on a good app for that? Any and all advice welcomed.

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 29, 2016 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2017 12:31 PM

I realize this thread is pretty old, but I just wanted to add that I just tried upgrading from Toast Titanium, v11 to the new v16 on my Mac Pro running OS X Sierra, and I ran into the same issue. I can only get the application to launch when I do it from a new user account I create, or from my "Administrator" account I normally never use.

Just out of curiosity, I tried removing it and trying Toast, v15 and v14. Had the exact same problem with both of those releases too!

I searched all over the net for solutions to this and came up pretty much empty. The only potential lead I found was someone with a similar issue using Toast, v8 with an older OS X version. In their case, the solution was removing DivX or Xvid codecs that were in a folder under Library for Quicktime components/add-ons. I checked my system though and didn't see a sign of any of these QT add-ons present.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2017 12:31 PM in response to malcolm205

I realize this thread is pretty old, but I just wanted to add that I just tried upgrading from Toast Titanium, v11 to the new v16 on my Mac Pro running OS X Sierra, and I ran into the same issue. I can only get the application to launch when I do it from a new user account I create, or from my "Administrator" account I normally never use.

Just out of curiosity, I tried removing it and trying Toast, v15 and v14. Had the exact same problem with both of those releases too!

I searched all over the net for solutions to this and came up pretty much empty. The only potential lead I found was someone with a similar issue using Toast, v8 with an older OS X version. In their case, the solution was removing DivX or Xvid codecs that were in a folder under Library for Quicktime components/add-ons. I checked my system though and didn't see a sign of any of these QT add-ons present.

OS Sierra Roxio Toast compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.