Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple pay on mac not working

I have a mac pro late 2013 and iPhone 7 plus running sierra and IOS 10 and I can’t get apple pay to work on apple’s own website. It just hangs when I click on apple pay. In doing research I find that I’m supposed to go into safari preferences and check the apple pay box at the bottom of the privacy section. Unfortunately there is no option for apple pay. I’m thinking that something somewhere else is not setup for this option to show. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Sep 29, 2016 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 5:16 PM

Wouldn't work for me either... kept saying "Processing Payment", then timing out. Turns out that I did not have my default e-mail and shipping address entered in the iPhone Wallet settings for Apple Pay. To check, go to Settings app on iPhone, then select Wallet & Apple Pay. Scroll down to the bottom and look for Transaction Defaults region and make sure you have entries for Shipping Address, Email and Phone.

Worked for me! YMMV.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2017 5:16 PM in response to Paradoxxx

Wouldn't work for me either... kept saying "Processing Payment", then timing out. Turns out that I did not have my default e-mail and shipping address entered in the iPhone Wallet settings for Apple Pay. To check, go to Settings app on iPhone, then select Wallet & Apple Pay. Scroll down to the bottom and look for Transaction Defaults region and make sure you have entries for Shipping Address, Email and Phone.

Worked for me! YMMV.

Sep 30, 2016 11:22 AM in response to Paradoxxx

They are referring to Safari Preferences on a Mac.

With Safari open, go to the Safari menu bar and click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then select Apple Pay at the bottom of that pane.

Using Apple Pay in stores, and within apps and websites - Apple Support

If it's still not there, open the App Store then select Updates from the menu. The latest Sierra version available is 10.12.

If you still have problems using Apple Pay on your Mac, with Safari open Preferences > Privacy again then click: Manage Website Data then remove all Apple cookies. Then quit and relaunch Safari and try Apple Pay again on the Apple store.

Sep 30, 2016 12:25 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn,

I tried what you said but when I go to apples website and put something in my bag and click on apple pay, the screen will become a whitish color but you can still see the page and nothing happens. It just freezes there and doesn’t advance. It’s not like my computer is frozen its just that the page doesn’t advance. I can still operate my computer as usual. When I go back into safari preferences under privacy the check box for apple pay is still not there. I am running the latest and greatest software.

Sep 30, 2016 12:35 PM in response to Paradoxxx

Bluetooth enabled on the Mac, and sharing an iCloud account with the iPhone? Is the region your Mac is set to (System Preferences > Language & Region) the same as your iPhone? Although this isn't mentioned in the support article, you might also have to have Handoff enabled at the bottom of the General section of System Preferences, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

apple pay on mac not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.