Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook messenger won't load photos

Since upgrading to iOS 10 I am not able to send pics through Facebook app, it will load just few of my pics, most of them are blank. Using iPhone 5c and having same issue on iPad Air. Can someone help please?

iPhone 5c, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2016 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2016 2:15 PM

Start by checking your iOS version and make sure its up to date restart your device and uninstall Facebook and reinstall and make sure you are logged in try and check your internal storage capacity and see how much memory is left consider loading again and that should load unless the issue persist then try to load through Safari URL https//www.facebook.com, unless an outage then avoid the APP and see if that works. Good Luck 😁.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2016 2:15 PM in response to Verousek

Start by checking your iOS version and make sure its up to date restart your device and uninstall Facebook and reinstall and make sure you are logged in try and check your internal storage capacity and see how much memory is left consider loading again and that should load unless the issue persist then try to load through Safari URL https//www.facebook.com, unless an outage then avoid the APP and see if that works. Good Luck 😁.

Oct 1, 2016 8:04 AM in response to Verousek

Hello Verousek.

If I’m understanding your post right, you have been unable to upload photos to your Facebook account from within the Facebook app since upgrading to iOS 10 on your iPhone 5c and iPad Air. Being an avid user of Facebook myself, I can certainly understand why not being able to upload photos would be a pretty big issue. I'm happy to help you get this figured out.

I'm going to give you steps for your iPhone, but you can do the same exact things on your iPad too. The first thing I recommend doing is force closing the Facebook app. If you aren't familiar with how to force close apps, you can view the steps here: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch After that, restart your iPhone:

How to restart

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Test out that Facebook app after it's restarted. If it's still not allowing you to upload photos successfully, check the App Store to make sure that the Facebook app is completely up to date. If an update is available for that app, it will show it listed when you open the App Store app and select Updates. Test the app again after updating.
If the issue persists, delete the Facebook app and reinstall it. If after doing that you still continue to have the same problem, try sharing the photo to Facebook directly from the Photos app: iOS 10 User Manual-Other ways to share photos and videos
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care.

Oct 1, 2016 1:23 PM in response to i_rina

Hi Irina, many thanks for your reply. I think I have to correct myself, it is the Facebook messenger app which doesn't load pictures from any album in my phone or iPad. It's very strange as I can upload and send pics and photos taken couple of days back without any problems, but any older one are not loading or sending. I'll try to attach screenshot so it would make sense to you. Can you please help with this issue? I have followed all steps you advised just in case it helps but nothing changed. Thank you, Veronika

User uploaded file

Facebook messenger won't load photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.