Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happen to my playlists and song exactly when I cancel my Apple Music Subscription?

I know there are a lot of posts on this matter, however I didn't find anything clear as regarding the following questions:

I have a lot of music, all perfectly organised in playlists on my Mac. I am thinking to subscribe to Apple Music. I expect to add other songs to my playlists when on Apple Music subscription. If I cancel my Apple Music Subscription later, what is going to happen?

1. Will my playlists be back EXACTLY to their original status as it was before the first Apple Music Subscription?
  2. Are all my originally purchased song going to be again automatically on my devices?
  3. If I then decide to subscribe again Apple Music, can I expect to start all over again or would I have the option to have the playlists as updated during the first Apple Music period?

As a safety action I could duplicate all my playlists and use only the duplicated playlists with Apple Music so as the originals will be uncorrupted in case something happen...

Tnxs.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 30, 2016 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2016 8:58 AM

After you cancel Apple Music, you’ll still see any songs you have saved while you were a member appear in your library, however, they will be greyed out and will no longer play. They will remain in your library for 30 days in case you decide to re-activate the Apple Music service, you won't have to save them again. After 30 days the songs will be removed from your library. You won’t be charged for anything, unless you select to purchase that specific song/album from iTunes. Everything that you had PRIOR to signing up for Apple Music will remain accessible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2016 8:58 AM in response to Jet787

After you cancel Apple Music, you’ll still see any songs you have saved while you were a member appear in your library, however, they will be greyed out and will no longer play. They will remain in your library for 30 days in case you decide to re-activate the Apple Music service, you won't have to save them again. After 30 days the songs will be removed from your library. You won’t be charged for anything, unless you select to purchase that specific song/album from iTunes. Everything that you had PRIOR to signing up for Apple Music will remain accessible.

What happen to my playlists and song exactly when I cancel my Apple Music Subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.