Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6

i have iphone 6 with latest ios. while entering password screen is getting black like its shutting down but after few seconds its turning on. i cant enter password and access my phone cuz its repeating same everytime. looking for the solution. i tried restoring through itunes but its says iphone is locked with password

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2016 4:42 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2016 12:06 PM in response to fuzi

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, fuzi.

If I’m understanding your post right, your iPhone 6 seems to be in some sort of reboot loop that happens when you get to the lock screen. I know how important it is to have a working phone, so I’m happy to help you get yours up and running again.

You definitely were taking the correct step when you attempted to restore your iPhone in iTunes. Since it's locked with a passcode though, you would need to do the restore a little bit differently than you normally would. Fortunately, though, there's a step that we can try first which may resolve the issue without the need to restore. Follow the steps in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on to put your iPhone into recovery mode, and choose to update rather than restore , specifically this section:

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

You might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time during startup. Try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  3. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

If choosing to update doesn't allow you to access your device, you'll need to follow the same instructions, but choose restore rather than update. Just to remind you, when you restore your iPhone you will be erasing everything on it. If you have backed up to either iTunes or iCloud, you can load data back to your phone using the backup after the restore is completed. You can find steps on how to do that here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care.

iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.