Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 is randomly opening apps, typing things, not responding, etc. Help?

My iPhone 6 has been ignoring my touch and doing things on its own, such as opening apps, typing randomly, even sent an email with random words in it. It is updated and backed up. Help?!!

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2016 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2017 9:58 AM

My iPhone 6 has been doing this as well, in fact there are a lot of posts about this same issue in this community. Apple will have you do a factory reset and see if the issue occurs before you reload all your data from backup. In my case, the issue persisted. It has now gotten to the point where I am having it replaced. Since I'm out of warranty, this will cost me. Be sure that it's not a screen protector issue, and cover the basics with Apple support. If it's under warranty, get it replaced as soon as you can.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2017 9:58 AM in response to jenklinger

My iPhone 6 has been doing this as well, in fact there are a lot of posts about this same issue in this community. Apple will have you do a factory reset and see if the issue occurs before you reload all your data from backup. In my case, the issue persisted. It has now gotten to the point where I am having it replaced. Since I'm out of warranty, this will cost me. Be sure that it's not a screen protector issue, and cover the basics with Apple support. If it's under warranty, get it replaced as soon as you can.

Oct 3, 2016 3:00 PM in response to jenklinger

Hey jenklinger,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you’re having issues with your iPhone performing irregular activities on its own and not responding to your touch, and I want to help get your iPhone working the way it was intended to. I've provided a link to help get your device to respond when this happens again.
If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn‘t respond to touch

Check your touchscreen

Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart it, you can force restart your device.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Oct 3, 2016 3:05 PM in response to Alexm87

Best thing to do is wipe the iphone and restore your software via itunes.

By doing this you are eliminating that it is a software issue.

You will also save time as well if you go into the apple store, because a restore would be there 1st step also.

Check your storage as well, iphones act crazy once almost full with storage.

Go to settings general, and storage and icloud usage that i show you check.

iPhone 6 is randomly opening apps, typing things, not responding, etc. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.