Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 dropped Verizon service while using for navigation gps with Waze or Google Maps

My new iPhone 7 keeps dropping signal while I'm using it for navigation with Waze or Google Maps Apps.

It happens every ten minutes or so... device goes to "No Service", and then five minutes later signal comes back. Hard to navigate that way...

I called Verizon Wireless tech support many times without much help. I made many resets, exchanged SIM cards, and even exchanged my phone. Nothing helped!

Today, Verizon Wireless finally said they are aware of the issue and are working with Apple to fix it.

For now, they said the temporary fix is to turn off HD Voice (go to Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Options --> Enable LTE
--> Data Only)

I made this change today, and the phone works fine. I can finally use it again with GPS apps

Anyone else having these issues?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2016 7:16 PM

5 replies

Oct 3, 2016 9:13 AM in response to gc_gc_1818

Thanks for reporting your issue. Exact same issue here: using iPhone 7 on Verizon, my GPS & service both drop while using Waze in places where everything was strong on my iPhone 6.

Switching in and out of airplane mode does the trick temporarily—but it's something I'd rather not do constantly while in transit, especially in a tricky area with lots of turns.

Looking forward to what is hopefully just a software update fix...

Oct 3, 2016 6:23 PM in response to gc_gc_1818

Having same issue with my iPhone 7 randomly dropping service. The phone stays stuck in no service for a long time. I've tried every troubleshooting step under the sun with no fix to date. Toggling airplane mode and off will occasionally fix the issue and when it does it's temporary. I've also tried the following steps:

Swapped put SIM card at verizon

Performed hard restart

performed full restore (iOS 10 reinstall)

swapped out phone for new phone at apple

im still having the same issue with the new phone. Verizon says it's apple; apple says it's Verizon that needs to issue a carrier update. 3 weeks later, there is still no solution from apple or Verizon. Very frustrating!!!!

iPhone 7 dropped Verizon service while using for navigation gps with Waze or Google Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.