Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar not automatically creating event from information found an email

Hello, I have upgraded to iOS 10 on an iPhone 6s. I believe that one of the new 'tools' is that the Calendar App automatically creates an event from information scanned from emails, but this does not appear to happen for me.

I have settings>calendar>events found in apps switched on, but no events appear in the calender from emails that contain a date and/or a location, I am using icloud email and have also tried gmail.

Would any one give me some advice?

**edit** it's this: http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/your-iphone-will-automatically-add-events-your -calendar-ios-10-0172176/ that doesn't work, I am certainly not seeing the 'note' at the top of an email containing the information..

Thank you.

Message was edited by: millada0

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.0.2, null

Posted on Oct 3, 2016 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2017 7:20 PM

Hi, I also had this issue today, tried to restart and then reset. Those did not work. What I did find out is that the 3D Touch was turned off. When I turned it on again (Settings-Accessibility-3D Touch-Turn on), and went back to mail, the notification Events found... on the email with my airplane flights/dates/time displayed as a header on that email. When I click on View.., I could click on Add to Calendar and all my flight info was then added to the Calendar. Hope this helps out.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2017 7:20 PM in response to millada0

Hi, I also had this issue today, tried to restart and then reset. Those did not work. What I did find out is that the 3D Touch was turned off. When I turned it on again (Settings-Accessibility-3D Touch-Turn on), and went back to mail, the notification Events found... on the email with my airplane flights/dates/time displayed as a header on that email. When I click on View.., I could click on Add to Calendar and all my flight info was then added to the Calendar. Hope this helps out.

Oct 4, 2016 10:17 AM in response to millada0

Hi millada0,

I understand that despite having the "Events Found in Apps" feature enabled in Settings > Calendar , you've noticed that this feature isn't working correctly. I'd be more than happy to help!

If you haven't already, I'd recommend restarting your iPhone as a first step before testing again to see if the problem persists. Take a look at this website for instructions on that process:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're still not able to use this feature after restarting, I'd recommend that you reset all settings as a next step. Before you do this, it may be a good idea to create a backup of your data. Take a look at this resource for more information on how to back up:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Once you're done, navigate to Settings > General > Reset and tap on "Reset All Settings" to begin the process. This will not delete your content, but will reset your device's settings like Wallpaper, Display & Brightness, Sounds, Date & Time, Background App Refresh, and more. Once the process is complete, make sure you still have the "Events Found in Apps" enabled in Settings > Calendar and check to see if this feature is now working as expected.
Cheers!

Calendar not automatically creating event from information found an email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.