Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS Not working after update to iOS 10

only A-GPS is working after updating to iOS10.

Resetting of Location services, network settings was already done with no change.

Multiple people seem to have similar issues but a solution is nowhere to be found, anyone sitting with this somewhere?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2016 5:34 AM

12 replies

Oct 7, 2016 7:42 AM in response to BulldozerDK

On my iPhone 6 I noticed the same thing. Since 10.0.2 update, GPS fails a lot. I am using "Strava" a lot to record my daily bicyle rides to work. But now I cannot use the track anymore, because it has several lags and is inaccurate, too. Is it a hardware fail? I've already done a reset, restoring to factory settings, and even tried 10.1 beta 2.

But nothing helped :-(

With the app "Maps3D" you can see how accurate the GPS works. It now often drops completely, so there's no GPS signal received at all. After 15-20 minutes it might resume.

Dec 16, 2016 7:20 AM in response to rugbykorn

In my case the problem is with my Mac in the Mac if you don't set the preferenc in photos to import the GPS information it leaves it off and therefore even though the pictures seem to be geo-tag on the phone when you transfer them to the to the Mac to the photos they don't show up with the GPS info I found it out by mistake hope this helps.

GPS Not working after update to iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.