Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom IntuosPro driver installation problem on MacBook OS Sierra ( A1398 )

Hello.

I have this Intuos Pro for almost 2 years and it worked really perfect.

One day my laptop stoped working with the Wacom software.

Though all LED lights remain working until now and the device is ON/Charging.

No water inside, no outside damages..

I completely deleted the Wacom utilities, restarted my MacBook, and downloaded latest driver from the verified wacom web.

This is a name of the file I downloaded: WacomTablet_6.3.17-5

After the installation, the software suggested to restarted the laptop, I did so..

Tablet didn't appeared.

Of course I double-checked those things:

If the USB Cables/ports were working properly on both devices

If the tablet was charged / turned on

I've tried to remove and re-install the driver and restart..

I did it 7 - 10 times..

I even tried to install older version of driver..

Nothing helped.

But the lights were still glowing.

Yesterday I installed the latest mac OS - Sierra and I started thinking that it could be new os problem.

I already contacted to Apple support center, we checked an scanned my mac, and they said everything was "fine" with the laptop.

After that, I removed Wacom software and installed it again, but on the final phase of installation I didn't clicked for restart button.

Suddenly the tablet started working, the touch, buttons, pan, everything was fine.

the tablet finally appeared in the Wacom Desktop Center.

I became very happy 🙂

When finally I clicked the Restart button, which remained to be clicked, as it is final and unavoidable step of installation, and after restart, tablet stoped being visible again..

Please help !

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 3, 2016 7:52 PM

10 replies

Feb 16, 2017 1:27 AM in response to tamimat

I had this problem with my Intuos Pro M (on late 2011 MBP 15" with MacOS Sierra)

I've downloaded an older driver version and it seems to work out too.

After deinstalling (via wacom utility / restarting with PRAM reset / installing older driver / restarting.

Here is the driver which I used: http://bit.ly/2d5UMQa

Hope that this might be the solution for some of you.

Oct 29, 2016 11:23 PM in response to animatrixie

Actually, it only worked for a couple hours, then I finally found this below to be the only thing that worked for me. Its even working for Sierra- since I installed it in my attempts to fix this tablet issue.

(thanks to james who posted this in another thread):

I contacted Wacom yesterday and here is my reply. Hope this helps everyone.

Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Care. Please do clean install of the latest driver by following the steps below:

Open your Applications folder and locate any Tablet or Wacom Tablet folders you have

Use the Utility in each of these folders and click [Remove -All users -Preferences first, then] ‘Remove’ under ‘Tablet Software’

Once the software is removed, restart the computer

Once this is complete, download and install the latest 6.39 driver from:

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.9 w3.dmg

Wacom IntuosPro driver installation problem on MacBook OS Sierra ( A1398 )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.