Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view iCloud photos on iPad

Hi,

I recently setup my photos to sync from my windows PC to iCloud. They uploaded fine, and can be seen on icloud.com.

Now I'd like to view them on my iPad MC979B/A running iOS 9.3.5. As per the Apple instructions, I enabled iCloud in Settings, signed in, then turned Photos On, and turned on iCloud Photo Library Upload, My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing in the sub menu. According to the iPad documentation, I should then be able to see my iCloud photos in the Photos app ... but the only photos in there are the ones I took on my iPad, not the ones in my iCloud library.

Is it possible to do what I want - view my iCloud photos on my iPad?

Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

iPad, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Oct 4, 2016 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2016 2:16 PM

Are you sure you have used the same Apple ID for your Windows PC/iCloud account and your iPad?

How many photos are you expecting? How long have you waited for the photos to sync?

When you check Settings > iCloud > Photos on the iPad, is there any activity just below the iCloud Photo Library button? This is where you would see the current uploading/downloading activity.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2016 2:16 PM in response to pamelafromurmston

Are you sure you have used the same Apple ID for your Windows PC/iCloud account and your iPad?

How many photos are you expecting? How long have you waited for the photos to sync?

When you check Settings > iCloud > Photos on the iPad, is there any activity just below the iCloud Photo Library button? This is where you would see the current uploading/downloading activity.

User uploaded file

Oct 5, 2016 1:50 PM in response to LACAllen

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

Yes, I'm sure.

There's a lot, over 7000!

It now says "Adding 7826 items", so I guess it's started to work. How long does it take before they start to show in the Photos app? Do I have to wait until all 7826 have synced?

How to view iCloud photos on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.