Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari JavaScript enabled on iPad but not working

I Have an iPad Pro with iOS 10.0.2 installed. After this most recent upgrade I receive JavaScript error messages from a variety of websites telling me to enable JavaScript. Javascript is enabled in my settings. The end result is that i can't navigator through websites to shop as buttons and links don't work and photos don't load after the main page. I have cleared website settings, cookies and history and reset the iPad with no succes. I downloaded Firefox for iOS and i encounter the same issue with Firefox. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Posted on Oct 4, 2016 9:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2016 2:02 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Interesting you mentioned that as I just tried to respond using Safari on my iMac while in private mode and the Reply button was not active. Regardless, while surfing on our iPhones and iPad we are not in Private Mode. I have done some troubleshooting and found that the issue is not present if we connect to the internet through Verizon LTE on our iPhones. We have a filtering router on our WiFi at home but the issue is not present on the iMac (El Capitan) when we go to the same websites so maybe not the WiFi set-up. My wife just tried WiFi on her phone at Starbucks and the websites worked fine. So...I am at a loss as to where the issue is. Thanks.

Safari JavaScript enabled on iPad but not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.