Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam - Deliver Some, Block Some

Hello,

Over the past 6 months I'm getting more and more false positives on spam flagging. Because of this, I'm not able to reject all mail flagged as spam but I'm essentialy forced to deliver the mail. This is causing my users to get large amounts of mail flagged as spam in their inboxes (of which roughly 92% is spam and 8% is false positives).

I have the mail server marking anything above 5. If I increase the hit count then less actual spam gets flagged so it seems like I'm stuck at about 5.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get the Apple Mail Server using Spamassassin to only deliver spam if it's below a certian hit count. Say spam flagged below 12 gets delivered, but anything higher reject (or deliver to a junk catchall mailbox). I don't think there are any false positives above 10, but there is certainly spam between 5 and 12. Spam flagged over 12 is 100% junk and should not be delivered.

It seems like in the mail configuration in the Server Admin tool I can either deliver junk or reject junk.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

-Neil

15" MacBook Pro MacOS, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 12, 2006 10:06 PM

1 reply

Spam - Deliver Some, Block Some

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.