Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Apple Music to DJ?

Anyone know of a DJing app which I can import Apple Music songs to DJ with?

I said I'd DJ my friends party for an hour and planned to import my Apple Music songs but apparently you can't do this because of the streaming laws?

Only thing is I pay for my apple music and it seems like there should be some way I can mix them, since I'm not pirating the music or anything, I just want to fade them into each other? If I can't do this I'm gonna have to download them all separately somehow which will be really expensive, and annoying since I've been paying loads for AM...

Just thought there must be some way round, if anyone can help me thanks a lot! 🙂

MacBook Pro, Apple Music

Posted on Oct 5, 2016 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 5:52 AM

Hi, I have been researching on this for months now. Sadly there’s no apps in market at the moment which supports Apple playlist in order to let you mix or to play around with them.

I as a customer of Apple is not really impressed by this where on the other hand their big competitor Spotify allows you to access your playlist on DJ apps.

I came across this DJ app “pacemaker” this is really convenient to use and best app but sadly at the end they support Spotify and for Apple Music customers they had this survey to fill so they can Try getting Apple Music compatible too but so far no luck.

Would be really great if Apple company thinks about it and works on it, for many thousands of music lovers who are Apple Music customers will not switch to Spotify and hence it will bring more customers to company.

Thank you.

Nishant Narang

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 5:52 AM in response to larkyy

Hi, I have been researching on this for months now. Sadly there’s no apps in market at the moment which supports Apple playlist in order to let you mix or to play around with them.

I as a customer of Apple is not really impressed by this where on the other hand their big competitor Spotify allows you to access your playlist on DJ apps.

I came across this DJ app “pacemaker” this is really convenient to use and best app but sadly at the end they support Spotify and for Apple Music customers they had this survey to fill so they can Try getting Apple Music compatible too but so far no luck.

Would be really great if Apple company thinks about it and works on it, for many thousands of music lovers who are Apple Music customers will not switch to Spotify and hence it will bring more customers to company.

Thank you.

Nishant Narang

Oct 21, 2017 12:24 AM in response to larkyy

Use to be a great fun and Apple and my library was my holy grail! Will soon unsubscribe Apple Music, my music match, and slowly steep far from Apple despite homing cost. Use to enjoy a lot mixing my music and now I cannot even play my music with my BOSE sound system coz the Bose app doesn't support Apple Music!!! Spotify is everywhere and you pay the same!!! I'm tired of this.

Sep 27, 2017 7:27 AM in response to Nick_nz

Nick_nz wrote:

There is an issue with using any streaming service for public DJ performances, and that is music licensing. Streaming is licensed for personal use. To use it for public performances you legally need to pay a royalty. While this is not a big deal, and isn't even expensive, you need to consider it.

How to use Apple Music to DJ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.