Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 10: Can nolonger respond with text

After upgrading my iphone 6 to IOS 10, I can nolonger "respond with text" to an incoming phone call. It seems the button on the lock screen is nolonger there. The ignore button appears, but the corresponding "respond with text" is not. If I look under setting there's the three default options which are written in light grey. Am I required to fill these in to have this button appear?

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 5, 2016 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 9:34 AM

Hi there, SJHiker!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That is a great question you have about being able to respond with text to callers contacting you from a mobile phone. The first thing you might want to check is Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode - > Reply with Message. Enable it to access the decline option even when the iPhone is locked.

As for the light grey default options, those are the default messages you would be allowed to respond with and you can tap each one to type the response you prefer to send if you like.

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2016 9:34 AM in response to SJHiker

Hi there, SJHiker!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That is a great question you have about being able to respond with text to callers contacting you from a mobile phone. The first thing you might want to check is Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode - > Reply with Message. Enable it to access the decline option even when the iPhone is locked.

As for the light grey default options, those are the default messages you would be allowed to respond with and you can tap each one to type the response you prefer to send if you like.

Have a great day!

ios 10: Can nolonger respond with text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.