Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

html5: Video file not found

Since I updated to ios10, I am not able to watch video on a number of sites.

I get a white box the message:

Any idea how I can solve this or is it an issue that has to be addressed in an ios update?

It happens on both the iPad and iPhone, and doesn't seem to matter which browser I use. I have tried in Safari and Chrome and get the same result.

Thanks for any help.

iPad Pro, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 1:34 AM

Assuming you are viewing a video on a web page? Usually these kinds of problems are on the website end, especially if you are having problems with multiple browsers and multiple devices.

Have you tried checking that the website you are visiting hasnt broken the link or removed the video?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2016 1:34 AM in response to crajackhk

Assuming you are viewing a video on a web page? Usually these kinds of problems are on the website end, especially if you are having problems with multiple browsers and multiple devices.

Have you tried checking that the website you are visiting hasnt broken the link or removed the video?

Oct 6, 2016 3:10 AM in response to qsszb

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am trying to play the videos from a web page. I have checked the site from my iMac and the videos are just fine there. The videos for the site used to play fine on the ipad and iphone before I updated to ios 10. The player they are using on that site is Flowplayer, I contacted the site owner and they said they are checking to see if it is an issue with ios 10 or the player.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.