Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Protected Cloud Key Syncing

Hi all,

After updating my OS to Sierra, the pop up "ProtectedCloudKeySyncing wants to use the "Local Items" keychain" won't go away even after I key in the password.

Please help

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2017 6:05 AM

FIXED ISSUE!!!...had those pop-ups come up repeatedly and as duplicates, which made my mac very hard to use. I went into my Security and Privacy settings in the mac and shut off "File-vault". The mac restarted and the pop-ups were gone! Hope this helps you all

7 replies

Jul 20, 2017 1:19 PM in response to ruhiyatiidayu

I had the same problem, and couldn't resolve it within KeyChainAccess (KeyChainAccess wouldn't let me reset the KeyChain).

What worked for me was to try to sign into iCloud (from System Preferences): this tried to access the KeyChain, which of course failed.

A warning popped up that the system needed to reset the KeyChain, and prompted me to sign in with my iCloud password, which then fixed the problem.

Protected Cloud Key Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.