Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri keyboard shortcut doesn't work

supposedly the command key is a shortcut for Siri in Sierra. Doesn't work. Neither does iWatch pair with iMac and "log on". Waiting for update corrections. Either that or throw these functions in with the Maps app....worthless.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 5:57 AM

7 replies

Jan 18, 2017 10:41 AM in response to Boomer2

I have the same problem. I have tried tapping and holding the Command+Spacebar keys simultaneously, individually, and all combinations. No luck: Either the Spotlight search bar appears or a previously viewed file shows up in QuickLook. I also tried changing the keyboard launch options in the Siri System Preferences to Option+Spacebar, Function+Spacebar, even a custom command. None of these work.

Normally, I use an Apple external keyboard with a 2014 Apple MacBook Pro (with the clamshell lid closed). I also tested this with the Mac's own keyboard. No luck.

Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

Oct 6, 2016 7:31 PM in response to gsjones

Hi gsjones,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you have a couple of questions about how Siri works in macOS Sierra. To answer your first question about using the Command key as a shortcut for Siri, you actually need to hold down the Command key along with the Space bar until Siri asks, “What can I help you with?” This information is located in the following article:

Use Siri on your Mac - Apple Support

We also understand that you have been unsuccessful unlocking your Mac with your Apple Watch. The next article explains how to set up and use this feature:

macOS Sierra: Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch

Cheers!

siri keyboard shortcut doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.