Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone has exploded what do I do?

I've used my Iphone 5c normally without issues since I bought it 2 years ago. I usually charge it by connecting to my MacBook Pro.

A few weeks ago I noticed that when I'm using it the battery does not lat more than 10mins even though it said 100%.

Later my son noticed that the screen was bulging out of the case and something odd was happening.

I took the phone to the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store to me in Kingston.

I was told that the battery was swollen and the phone was damaged, and I was offered a deal that for the price of a new battery I would be given a new replacement phone. I felt this was unfair because a new battery is £60 and the Iphone 5c is valued at £45 by Apple. so I asked to see the Manager.

Incredibly the Manager told me that there was nothing wrong with the phone and that the swelling was an Apple safety feature to avoid the phone exploding when a Battery malfunctions. She put on her best smile and convinced me that taking the deal was the best thing for me so I accepted.

I've been waiting now since 28th of Sept to get the call from the Apple Store so I can go get the replacement phone and still nothing.

I left the phone on my desk and now it has exploded, luckily there was no fire but the screen is completely ripped off the casing.

I don;t know if it makes sense for me to pay £60 to get another Iphone 5C which may have a shell life of about 30months with so many new phones coming out.

What do you suggest?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 7:46 AM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2016 4:59 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Mr Jonathan, You sound like a brain running on an iPhone battery.

'I accepted' the offer from Apple, but they have not responded. I've gone almost 10days since I accepted that offer without a phone and now asking other user's the best course of action.

If Mr Technical User guy can't help out, then it's probably better for him to spend his energy finding something to invent rather than dismissing Apple customers who are in distress.

Oct 7, 2016 6:52 AM in response to samigwe1

I don;t know if it makes sense for me to pay £60 to get another Iphone 5C which may have a shell life of about 30months with so many new phones coming out.

What do you suggest?

Please read what you write before blaming others for your decision.

If you have a receipt/order/repair number indicating that you had accepted the offer then wait or contact the store or the manager to check the status of your phone.

You seem to be having second thoughts now and want to either blame Apple or people here who are not telling you what you want to hear, for your decision. In the end getting a refurbished phone in working order for the **almost** same price as a battery is good deal, especially now that your phone has exploded. Think about it, do the math.

If you are unsatisfied with your options you can ignore the deal and buy a phone from some other manufacturer. In the end it is up to you and no one here cares one way or another what you do.

My Iphone has exploded what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.