Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Camera Problem against Direct light

Just received my iPhone 7 Plus and, as seen in the photo bellow, when taking photos, I'm getting a blue reflection of the lamp when they are in the picture frame... this is annoying. I already tried with two different lamps and I get the same result. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 11:57 AM

53 replies

Jan 14, 2017 8:07 AM in response to Doug Lerner2

User uploaded fileThis is great - an app to fix a pricey iPhone going on now for years... How about manufacturing a lens for the apple iPhone that doesn't have this defect? I have red glare, green dots and blue reflections in any photo involving bright light. This is clearly a manufacturing defect in my humble opinion. And we should not have to compensate for Apples lack of sense of responsibility. What do you think Apple, Apple fans?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jan 15, 2017 1:25 PM in response to Mathias Brito

Sadly I've noticed this problem since my iPhone 6 Plus (maybe even on my 5 but I can't recall since that was a few years ago). Was never a consistent issue but when there is a glare (sun sometimes, lights especially) JT happens. Adjusting the angle when possible helps but it's just been something that has occurred for awhile. At one point people assumed it was the reflection from the plastic on some cases but it happens even if you don't use a case (as you are aware). I suspect it's a reflection off of the glass covering over th lens area (think others have mentioned this also). Apple hasn't really addressed this to the best of my kn

Feb 10, 2017 12:20 PM in response to Mathias Brito

Reading all these comments is very disappointing, especially the people demanding recalls. People are far too quick to call foul over something incredibly minor, and correctable through post editing (if you're taking serious photos, you'll always post edit).

The dot you're seeing is a reflection off the lens, and is normal. I went back to my photos and have had some reflective dot since my 3GS, as well on my DSLR, and a Samsung point and shoot.

It can happen on literally any camera. The lens and the angle of light is what determines it. If the lens has a hood or a shadow cast over it, you'll see less ghosting. This is a non-issue.

Feb 13, 2017 4:24 AM in response to Mathias Brito

I have exatly the same issue. I brought my phone to apple store, they tooked it for week and after contacted me, that it is not factory issue. This reflection seems to be for all Iphones 7. Unfortunatelly it is not much you can do about it.

It is my first Iphone ever and I am very much disapointed in Iphone 7. After my contract finishes I am switching back to Samsung devices.

Sep 24, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Mathias Brito

Disgracefully for Apple, I am facing the same issue with my brand new iPhone 8 Plus. They have opened a case for me in the Apple Support App and they seemed quite surprised of this issue, although as I can see in these threads it has been known since iPhone 6 Plus. They say that a team of engineers is going to study the problem, but I bet they will do nothing as usual in the last few years.

I only bought this phone for the camera and I find this annoying issue that ruins many of my night shots. Shameful.

If I don't receive soon a response saying that they are going to fix the issue with a software update, that's it. I will claim my money back and from now on I won't buy any more Apple devices.

iPhone 7 Plus Camera Problem against Direct light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.