Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backlight flicker

Hello, I had my MacBook sent in because the screen is flickering, it does this every morning and during the day after the mac comes out of sleep.

When mine came back from repair, a battery part was replaced (and I think I got a new battery too..) but the very next morning I'm having the same problem. About 5-10 minutes of flicker before the display is solid, like it's warming up.

I realize I'll probably get a lot of responses about others having this problem, but what I'm looking for is someone who had this problem and can tell me what their solution was.

Thanks in advance!
- Matt

MacBook CoreDuo 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 13, 2006 5:41 AM

7 replies

Dec 24, 2006 4:28 AM in response to zeroio

I think I have solved my problem. I called the support. H e told me to reset the RAM:Shut down your macbook. Start it again while holding down ctrl alt+PR.
You will hear a bip sound and the computer will restart. You have reset the Ram.
After doing this my problem with blackscreen flicker is solved.

I hope this will help you.

Dec 24, 2006 10:24 PM in response to Peroyvind

I’ve got the same problem...LOTS of people do.

Like many others, I tried zapping the PRAM. No change; still flickers on next to lowest screen brightness setting.

I also reset the SMC (that’s a power unit); no solution there. And I even increased fan speed to see if it’s related to temp; I got the temp down around 45C and still had the problem.

Looks like a hardware problem to me; it’s going back.

Rob

Backlight flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.