Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of Google on safari ?

When you create a new page on safari, you systematicaly have a direct acces to Apple, so ok, but also to Google.

I do not want to work with Google !!!

You can choose your own search engine, you can say no to "search engine suggestions", you can say no to "safari's suggestions" ... in fact, you can't say NO to Google.

I do not want to work with Google !!!

Is there a solution to get rid of Google on safari ?

or should i install Firefox or Opera ?

I would have many more space on my phone if only i could "kill" these useless apps and functionnalities !!!

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2016 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2016 11:43 PM

Hi

To remove Google from Favourites (the icons that are shown when opening a new page in Safari):

Open a new or existing page in Safari > tap on the Bookmarks icon at the bottom of the screen > tap on the Bookmarks tab (on the left) > tap on Favourites > swipe left on Google to remove it.

The same can be done within the History tab, if desired.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2016 11:43 PM in response to Thiburs

Hi

To remove Google from Favourites (the icons that are shown when opening a new page in Safari):

Open a new or existing page in Safari > tap on the Bookmarks icon at the bottom of the screen > tap on the Bookmarks tab (on the left) > tap on Favourites > swipe left on Google to remove it.

The same can be done within the History tab, if desired.

How can I get rid of Google on safari ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.