Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "forward as attachment" an email?

How (in iOS) to "forward as attachment" an email? I was told by Apple support to forward to them SPAM and suspicious malware/phishing emails to Apple's spam & abuse email support (spam@icloud.com, abuse@icloud.com). But: after the newest iOS updates, I no longer can "Forward as attachment" the emails using my iPhone; the only option I can bring up on the iPhone is to simply "forward" the email. I can still "forward at attachment" an email to Apple from my MacBook laptop, but I really really prefer NOT to open the suspicious emails on my laptop, for fear of infecting the laptop.

Has anyone else figured out how to still "forward as attachment" an email that they've received, using either just their iPhone or iPad?

I assume Apple Support wanted the spam/malware/phishing emails sent specially as "Forward as attachment" emails for a good reason... but...????

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, MacBook Pro 10.9.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2016 8:07 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2016 11:36 AM in response to zinacef

No, that does NOT help. I need to "Forward AS Attachment" the entirety of the malicious spam/malware/phishing email to Apple Support. That is what Apple Support requested I do, and I CAN do that if I try to forward it from my laptop MacBook, but the option to "Forward as Attachment" is NOT readily findable on the iPhone current iOS. Apple Support probably wants the entire email forwarded to them as an attachment because of something they do once they receive the spam/malware/bot email...

I'm not looking to simply forward the malicious email, nor to ADD an attachment to that email. If you check your desktop or laptop Mac's mail options, you'll see that "forward as attachment" IS an option in the native Mail app, under the heading of "Message" at the top of the screen. There is no way I can see to do so in iOS.

I previously HAD been able to "forward as attachment" emails in their entirety; something was changed to either hide or eliminate this option since the newer software updates.

I would prefer to NOT open the malicious emails on my laptop: too concerned about possible infection by malware/virus/???whatever. So, I prefer to look at mail on my iPhone first, and if I see spam/phishing/malware email there, I will immediately try to "forward as attachment" to Apple Support (spam@icloud.com, abuse@icloud.com). Then, after I forward the malicious email to Apple Support, I then delete the offending email on my iPhone (i'm not as worried about spam/malware on the phone, although I probably should be leery of malware on the phone nowadays, too).

How to "forward as attachment" an email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.