You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off repeat in apple music

I have an iPhone 7 and have the latest OS.

When I'm playing music, such as an album or playlist, at the end of the song it will just replay the song again and again. For the life of me, I can't find a repeat setting to turn off on the new apple music.

I've searched online but I can only find posts from 2011 (not the new apple music app). I'm sure i'm overlooking it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2016 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 1:42 PM

Just for clarity sake, here are the steps:

1. Tap Music
  2. Choose Playlist
  3. Choose Song in Playlist
  4. Tap on name of song in the little player at bottom of screen above the icons
  5. Hold anywhere that is not a button and NOW swipe up and you should see two buttons that say Shuffle and Repeat with Up Next list of songs underneath that.

Note: I you swipe up from bottom of screen you may get the default player. That is not it. That is why I said to hold anywhere there is not a button after tapping name of song in step 4. The problem is Apple gives no clue to swipe up for added features such as shuffle or repeat and their new Up Next Feature. An icon at the bottom implying swipe up would have been nice.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2017 1:42 PM in response to tophdna

Just for clarity sake, here are the steps:

1. Tap Music
  2. Choose Playlist
  3. Choose Song in Playlist
  4. Tap on name of song in the little player at bottom of screen above the icons
  5. Hold anywhere that is not a button and NOW swipe up and you should see two buttons that say Shuffle and Repeat with Up Next list of songs underneath that.

Note: I you swipe up from bottom of screen you may get the default player. That is not it. That is why I said to hold anywhere there is not a button after tapping name of song in step 4. The problem is Apple gives no clue to swipe up for added features such as shuffle or repeat and their new Up Next Feature. An icon at the bottom implying swipe up would have been nice.

Oct 9, 2016 12:13 PM in response to tophdna

Hey tophdna,

Thanks for reaching out for help in the Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're unable to disable the repeat function in Apple Music in the new Music app in iOS 10. You can find information on how to use Apple Music in the new Music app from the link below.

Use Apple Music in the Music app

Up Next, Shuffle, and Repeat

Also on the Now Playing screen, you can rewind, pause, or fast forward a song, control the volume, read song lyrics, and more.

Swipe up on Now Playing to show your Up Next queue, which lists all of the songs that you’ve selected for playback.

Drag songs with User uploaded file to rearrange the order, or swipe left to remove a song that you’d like to skip.

Tap User uploaded file to the right of Up Next to shuffle the songs in a playlist or album.

Tap User uploaded file once to play an entire playlist or album on repeat or twice to repeat one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.

If you have repeat turned on, you might not see User uploaded file .

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

How to turn off repeat in apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.