Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Words with Friends Notification Sound!

After iOS 10 update the default sound for Words with Friends notification has changed to the default Apple Sound. Has anyone else noticed this? How to revert back to the original sound?

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2016 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2016 9:24 PM

This has nothing at all to do with iOS 10 since I am still on iOS 9.3.5 and am seeing the same issue...that is, the Apple default Tri-tone sound is now played when notified in Word With Friends (WWF) instead of the previous WWF notification sound. I've tried all manner of trying to change the sound in the iOS Settings to something else with no luck...it's disconcerting to hear the notification sound thinking it's a text message coming in.

This is an issue solely with the WWF app. The most recent update (v4.031 with the fall leaves on the icon and released very near to when iOS 10 was released, thus your conclusion that it was iOS 10) has either changed the default notification sound to the default Apple Tri-tone sound or broke it somehow. The previous version of WWF played the notification sound just fine.

Contact the app developer and report the issue.

I've seen the issue reported *somewhere* to Zinga with acknowledgement yesterday but now cannot find where I saw it. You should still report the issue to them. You can do so through the App Store under the WWF app description page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2016 9:24 PM in response to Luqman Rehman

This has nothing at all to do with iOS 10 since I am still on iOS 9.3.5 and am seeing the same issue...that is, the Apple default Tri-tone sound is now played when notified in Word With Friends (WWF) instead of the previous WWF notification sound. I've tried all manner of trying to change the sound in the iOS Settings to something else with no luck...it's disconcerting to hear the notification sound thinking it's a text message coming in.

This is an issue solely with the WWF app. The most recent update (v4.031 with the fall leaves on the icon and released very near to when iOS 10 was released, thus your conclusion that it was iOS 10) has either changed the default notification sound to the default Apple Tri-tone sound or broke it somehow. The previous version of WWF played the notification sound just fine.

Contact the app developer and report the issue.

I've seen the issue reported *somewhere* to Zinga with acknowledgement yesterday but now cannot find where I saw it. You should still report the issue to them. You can do so through the App Store under the WWF app description page.

Words with Friends Notification Sound!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.