Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scheduled to sleep, despite not being scheduled to sleep

Ever since the MacOS Sierra install, my 15" MBPro produces this message a minimum of once a day:

"This computer has been scheduled to go to sleep automatically."

With the usual countdown plus the "cancel" and "sleep" buttons.

I've visited the Energy Saver section of System Preferences, and other than the one time I scheduled a sleep and left it that way for a day in an attempt to get out of this cycle, I've never used a schedule. I've restored defaults as well.

Based on search results, this doesn't seem to be a common issue. Does anyone have a similar issue or any ideas on how to stop?

Posted on Oct 9, 2016 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2017 8:42 PM

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is marked solved, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one.

You are entitled to 90 day telephone support from Apple. Try contacting them.

Apple Support Contact

Apple Support by e-mail or chat

5 replies

Jan 22, 2017 12:06 PM in response to kjchristopher

Hello,

I'm glad the instructions by Carolyn seemed to have worked for you. On my brand new MacBook Pro the exact same behaviour is not solved however. I tried both the NVRAM and SMC resets (in that order) but still get the "This computer has been scheduled to go to sleep automatically." message at least once a day.

Energy saver for both Battery and Power Adapter have default settings and there is no schedule set for sleep and/or wake (and never has been).

Any additional suggestions anyone?

Regards,

Eerk Hofmeester, the Netherlands

scheduled to sleep, despite not being scheduled to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.