Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic Error 1439

I have iPod classic 160 gb slim (I guess it was the last gen). I just changed the earpod jack (not by myself thought) and after the replacement my iPod restarted so I plugged it to iTunes. Then it asked to restore my iPod which I did but it kept giving me Error 1439. I tried to format the disk using FAT32 format with cluster 128 kb. But now everytime I open my iPod in windows (not iTunes) it keeps asking me to format the disk and it kept failing to restore in iTunes. Please can anyone give me suggestion? 😟

Thank you so much

iPod classic

Posted on Oct 9, 2016 7:31 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2016 1:27 AM in response to medinadinda

Replacing the headphones jack assembly does not affect what's on the iPod's hard drive, so it should not require a Restore after reassembly. It should be like replacing iPod's battery. The iPod should work normally.

I can only guess that taking it apart affected the iPod's hard drive, or its connection to the logic board. It is connected to logic board with a ribbon connector, which is delicate and can be damaged. You may need to take it apart again, and check the connection points between hard drive and logic board.

For that particular error, this is what Apple suggests

If you see an error in the 1400 range when you restore or update an iPod in iTunes - Apple Support

One of the suggestions is to put iPod into Disk Mode

How to put your iPod into disk mode - Apple Support

Connect it to your computer running iTunes in Disk Mode. iTunes prompts you to do a Restore, with a message about "recovery." Try doing a Restore this way.

Ipod Classic Error 1439

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.