Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move to Predicted mailbox

Apple Mail Version 10.1 (3246)

I have just seen a menu point that I have never seen before and I cant figure out what it is supposed to do. It is under the Message menu and is called "Move to Predicted Mailbox" Also if I right click on a mail I habe a 'Move to "(null)"' menu item

Neither appear to do anything.

Any suggestions on what it is and how to use it correctly ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Apple Watch, iPhone, iMac and more.

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 2:19 AM

45 replies

Oct 25, 2016 10:53 PM in response to Victor In Munich

I am having this problem as well. Not only is this predicted mailbox grayed out, but no longer is the latest mailbox you copied or moved to remembered! I HATE it when devs change a long-time existing behavior not only for no seeming reason at all, but don't bother to tell us users it's changed!

Apple: please fix this and stop the ad hoc behavior changes (this from a software developer of 42.5 years).

Oct 27, 2016 1:37 PM in response to Hugo Stiglitz

I never used the beta and am fairly certain it made it's appearance in 10.12.1. The "move this email to that folder you moved the others to" is vastly more important to my email workflow that 99% of the other Mail features. This seems to be a mistake on Apple's part and I'm sure they will address & fix in the next update, but is an unfortunate consequence of what happens when singleness of purpose (EMAIL) is lost while in pursuit of value adds - Featuritis as it's been called.

Move to Predicted mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.