Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7 Plus - Volume won't mute, won't go below 1 bar

My volume gets stuck at 1 bar, it will go to max, but it won't go below 1 bar to mute. See the screenshot for where it gets stuck. I have to reset the phone to get it to work again.

User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 7:11 AM

Make sure your "lock sound" button isn't turned on under "sounds and haptics" in settings.

3 replies

Oct 10, 2016 6:35 PM in response to holydonut12

Hi holydonut12,

Thanks for posting your question on the Apple Support Community! I understand you're having trouble getting your volume to mute. It's important to be able to use the mute feature, so I can understand wanting to make sure this is working. I'm happy to help.

Since you've already gone through resetting the iPhone, I recommend to try resetting your settings. This will not erase any of your personal data, but you may want to back up your iPhone before resetting. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch .

What Reset All Settings will reset: Date & Time, Background App Refresh, Sounds, Display & Brightness, Wallpaper, Touch ID & Passcode, deregisters iMessage, resets restrictions, removes Apple Pay cards, resets your Wi-Fi network preferences. You'll need your Wi-Fi password in order to reconnect. To reset you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

After the phone restarts, you'll need to set those preferences back up and test the volume out.

Take care.

7 Plus - Volume won't mute, won't go below 1 bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.