Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download movies on iPAD 2

Struggling downloading movies on iPAD 2. When downloading it crawled to a stop and now I am unable to complete the downloads. Storm in the area...now internet is fixed.....Here is the killer ...There is no "download" icon in iTunes under movie now. It comes and goes....Go back to the movie and download and it states that I already purchased it but nowhere is it found????

KEEP IT SIMPLE!! Movies should download to Movie folder OR under PURCHASED whether you rent/buy!!! I'm hunting all over...come on guys!!

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 3:02 AM

4 replies

Mar 21, 2017 9:17 AM in response to King_Penguin

You are right that shouting is not necessary but Apple is particularly bad in their customer service for these types of issues. I have two movies that I rented for a trip that stopped downloading and now I can;t get them. Apple will probably get back to me in a couple of days and essentially repeat what is on their help page. Pretty useless. And most of us don;t have time to hang out at a Genius bar. Getting what you pay for ought not be this difficult.

Oct 10, 2016 4:02 AM in response to Iplaysoccer2

The Downloads tab in the iTunes Store app on your iPad only shows when there are downloads happening / queued / paused. If the download hasn't completed (e.g. it's not in the Videos app for playing) then go to the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store and (re)download it. If it's not showing there (assuming that it's a purchase, not a rental), check to see if you've hidden it from the cloud.

Movies should download to Movie folder OR under PURCHASED whether you rent/buy

Rentals won't show in the Purchased section for redownloading, they are one-time only downloads. If they are films that you've rented, and they aren't showing on the device/computer that you rented them on, try contacting iTunes Support for a redownload : http://reportaproblem.apple.com

Unable to download movies on iPAD 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.