Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Quick Look Satellite? Should I be worried about it?

Hi - my computer was running slow this morning and I saw that Quick Look Satellite was at the top of the CPU usage list. I've never seen that listed before - did a google search to find more info but didn't come up with much. Is it anything I need to be worried about? I work on wifi but my computer should not be networked to anyone else.

Running OSX Yosemite.

Advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 9:30 AM

Hi Hana, quicklooksat is perhaps trying to make the preview of a file that is damaged

Look at this article QTKitServer-(326) QuickLook Satellite-general

Do you have any Video yet open, that is incomplete or corrupted?

You can kill the process ( Menu select "force quit") if this a visible process, if not you can kill the single process going on

Utilities/Activity Monitor (start this App)

select in the CPU Tab the process and click on the X box over the Text "Process" (see screenshot)

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2016 9:30 AM in response to hana8877

Hi Hana, quicklooksat is perhaps trying to make the preview of a file that is damaged

Look at this article QTKitServer-(326) QuickLook Satellite-general

Do you have any Video yet open, that is incomplete or corrupted?

You can kill the process ( Menu select "force quit") if this a visible process, if not you can kill the single process going on

Utilities/Activity Monitor (start this App)

select in the CPU Tab the process and click on the X box over the Text "Process" (see screenshot)

User uploaded file

What is Quick Look Satellite? Should I be worried about it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.