Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MSpy can download your iCloud without you ever knowing it!

There are several new spying applications in the marketplace that allow a person to connect your iCloud account (just knowing your user name and password) and download a backup of your iPhone or iPad. No software is needed to install on the phone.

I wanted to test to see if I would get an alert from Apple saying that my iCloud had been accessed from another device in another location.

I had a friend download the mspy application and log in to my iCloud from a completely different city across the country. They were able to download the complete backup of my most recent iCloud, read through all of my text messages, view my pictures, see my locations and who knows what else....

What's really interesting is that I NEVER received an alert from Apple saying that someone had logged into my iCloud account from another device.

This spying service is completely invisible

I researched a little further and decided to call Apple and ask if I can see the log of connections to my iCloud account - just to verify whether Apple kept a log of IP addresses and devices that log in. Services like Google and even Facebook keep a log of all account logins available to the account holder. Apple does not!

After a very long conversation with Apple, the support rep claims "we don't keep any of that data".... I disagree...how could you keep the data for other devices (iPads and phones) and not for application logins like mspy? The support rep finally got so frustrated they hung up on me.

So is there really no way that I can prove that someone, somewhere else logged into my iCloud account with a spying application?

*yes....I know ALL of the different security options that Apple offers, including 2 factor authentication. However, this does help in a post mortem event.

what to do

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 2:32 PM

6 replies

Dec 12, 2016 11:20 AM in response to CaliMom3LE

CaliMom3LE wrote:

If anyone knows of any spy application that can open an incomplete backup I would be forever grateful...even apple told me they cannot open it - which I find hard to believe!

Why do you find that so hard to believe? Did you not hear about the San Bernadino, California shooter's phone and law enforcement's attempts to access the information? About how they paid over a million dollars and the only reason they were at all successful was that the phone was using an older version of the software? If Apple left a back door into the encryption, hackers would find a way in.

In the future, consider doing what Apple recommends: back your phone up every night. Then, even should your phone be destroyed, you will, at most, lose a few hours of data.

Oct 10, 2016 4:45 PM in response to TheRealSteve1

There are several new spying applications in the marketplace that allow a person to connect your iCloud account (just knowing your user name and password) and download a backup of your iPhone or iPad. No software is needed to install on the phone.

How is this news?

Armed with both your Apple ID and password, they are you.

Yes, there is 3rd party software that allows one to download and comb through either iTunes or iCloud backups. The apps are useless however, without the correct Apple ID and password or access to your Mac/PC where an iTunes backup is stored.

None of this should be a revelation.

What to do? Use strong passwords. Use either 2FA or 2SV. Be vigilant. Guard your hardware.

"So is there really no way that I can prove that someone, somewhere else logged into my iCloud account with a spying application?"

If this happens, it would be due to a successful attack on your password, not simply the use of a spying application. The spying application does not function without your password.

Oct 11, 2016 5:32 AM in response to arronsalks

arronsalks wrote:

Don't jailbreak your device. Almost all the spy apps like iKeyMonitor needs your iPhone to be jailbroken to install.

However, as far as I am concerned, a spy app can not download your iCloud. It can only record the data after it has been installed and it can even record the passwords entered on the iPhone.

The app in question is not installed on the phone. It's a computer application. And yes, with the Apple ID and passcode, it can access iCloud data.

However, your advice not to jailbreak is spot on.

Dec 12, 2016 9:01 AM in response to TheRealSteve1

The interesting thing about the iPhone spy software is that you have to have a backup stored in iCloud in order for them t see it. I had an iPhone stolen and there is an incomplete backup stored in my iCloud and I still have the controlling password and iCloud account; however, I cannot access any data because it is an incomplete backup - perp caught it and turned it off before it was complete!

If anyone knows of any spy application that can open an incomplete backup I would be forever grateful...even apple told me they cannot open it - which I find hard to believe!

MSpy can download your iCloud without you ever knowing it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.