Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

24fps in iMovie

Hey! I've been wondering for a while how to change the framerate of my video in iMovie. I've found multiple sources saying it was possible, but none of them are for the version I'm using (the one with the purple icon, can't think of the name at the moment sorry). Does anybody know any other ways to change the framerate to 24 frames per second in iMovie? Thanks.

iMac

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 3:37 PM

iMovie sets the frame rate based on the first clip added to the timeline. Add a known 24fps clip as the first clip you add to the timeline. You can then delete it later but the fps will stay at 24fps. You can't change the fps after you have already edited in the project. It must be first clip added to new project.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2016 3:37 PM in response to AlexOdle

iMovie sets the frame rate based on the first clip added to the timeline. Add a known 24fps clip as the first clip you add to the timeline. You can then delete it later but the fps will stay at 24fps. You can't change the fps after you have already edited in the project. It must be first clip added to new project.

24fps in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.