You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes lost after email account deleted

Hello. I recently deleted an email account I am no longer using from my phone (iPhone 6). When I was deleting it, I noticed the account indicated "notes", but did not think anything of it. A couple days later, when I went into my Notes, I noticed that none of my recent (from the last 2 years) notes were there anymore and I have since realized that my Notes must have been synced to this email. I have tried a couple recovery softwares and have not had any of these notes come in through that process. I also tried adding the email account back in and the Notes did not come back. Unfortunately, I was not syncing to iCloud or to iTunes. Does anyone know if it's possible to restore these Notes?

Thank you for any assistance!

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 11:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2016 8:56 PM

Thanks for your recommendations, but, unfortunately, they did not resolve my issue. I did confirm that Notes are enabled on the applicable mail account. The email is an Outlook account and I logged into the email account via multiple browsers. I checked the "Notes" category under "Mail" and, unfortunately, the folder is empty. I looked around in the various Mail folders as well, and did not find any of the Notes from my iPhone.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you so much.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2016 8:56 PM in response to Teddy_B

Thanks for your recommendations, but, unfortunately, they did not resolve my issue. I did confirm that Notes are enabled on the applicable mail account. The email is an Outlook account and I logged into the email account via multiple browsers. I checked the "Notes" category under "Mail" and, unfortunately, the folder is empty. I looked around in the various Mail folders as well, and did not find any of the Notes from my iPhone.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you so much.

Aug 25, 2017 3:04 PM in response to Teddy_B

WHY would Apple have to mess with my notes by attaching them to my e-mail. Hot mail does not have a feature where you have notes, why would then Apple have to tie the iPhone notes to the eMail set up... doe not make sense. Now I've lost all My notes too, after I removed TEMPORARILY the e-mail (it was not working before, it's Apple own suggestion to remove, change setting on line then re-install). I followed the instructions above and my Notes are not back. What's the next step, you experts at Apple? Can you work on a solution?

Oct 11, 2016 3:09 PM in response to ameierinco

Greetings ameierinco,

Thanks for posting on the Apple Support Communities. I see that you removed an email account and you are now missing notes. I know how important notes can be. Thanks for all the details on your post. It looks like you have added the email account back and it still did not bring them back. It also looks like you may not have a back up either. Lets take a look at this together.

If you can go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > then tap on the account you added back. Make sure Notes is enabled there. If it is and they still do not show up. I recommend logging directly into your email account using a browser to see if you are able to see any of the notes there.

Let us know if this helps.

Take care!

Notes lost after email account deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.