Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Female Lightning to male Aux

I have the lightning headphones for the iphone 7 plus, and i just realized that when traveling, i need headphones that can plug into the aux port on the backs of the airplane seats! I really dont want to travel with 2 sets of headphones, nor with Aux headphones and the adapter that came with the phone. Just want an adaptor for when i travel. Looked on amazon and cant find anything for lightning to plug into.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2016 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2017 12:41 PM

No this will allow you plug in the auxilery analog headphones to a lightning usb to plug into your phone.

We are looking for something to connect our lightning usb headphones to an auxilery port so we can use Apple headphones with other devices that dont have a usb connection.

8 replies

Jan 20, 2018 5:44 PM in response to Randy212

I may have found the solution, while it may seem ridiculous. You can buy these three adapters to eventually make your headphones available for AUX - I have not tried it, but it seems like it'll work. I tried to find adapters as short as possible, but if you need elongation then that's up to you:

1. (Lightning to USB Type C) https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Adapter-2-Pack-NooQee-Devices/dp/B071Y5CC9J/ref =pd_sbs_147_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071Y5CC9J&pd_rd_r=H5W0GNFGE9MB6P4XVGND&pd_ rd_w=97tX1&pd_rd_wg=YEl7U&psc=1&refRID=H5W0GNFGE9MB6P4XVGND

2. (USB Type C to USB Type A, 2.0) https://www.amazon.com/Acessorz-Hi-speed-Connector-Converter-Interface/dp/B075LH XVNV/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B075LHXVNV&pd_rd_r=G9CAQBFFZYAWB0KR REVJ&pd_rd_w=9sNbY&pd_rd_wg=3fmoW&psc=1&refRID=G9CAQBFFZYAWB0KRREVJ

3. (USB Type A, 2.0 to 3.5mm AUX) Amazon.com: BL 0.2M Sync 3.5mm Male Car AUX Audio Plug Jack to USB Female Cord Converter Cable: Computers & Accessories

Please respond to make sure this works, if anybody tries it.

Female Lightning to male Aux

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.