Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing batteries widget

After upgrading to iOS 10 I've been missing my batteries widget that shows the Apple Pencil battery status.

I did see the thread on here where people had a similar problem, but they simply had to go to the widgets edit screen and remove the batteries widget, and then add it back to get the pencil battery status to show up. But, my issue is that there is no batteries widget to add/remove - so that fix is not an option.

I tried using the Bluetooth "forget this device" and re-adding it. That didn't help.

Just to be clear: When I go to the edit widgets, I do not see the batteries widget offered. There's plenty of other widgets listed, but no batteries widget. The pencil still works, but I can never see the charger status.

Any ideas how to get the widget to show up?

Apple Pencil, iOS 10.0.2, iPad Pro

Posted on Oct 11, 2016 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2016 8:51 PM

Andy Milne wrote:

After upgrading to iOS 10 I've been missing my batteries widget that shows the Apple Pencil battery status.

I did see the thread on here where people had a similar problem, but they simply had to go to the widgets edit screen and remove the batteries widget, and then add it back to get the pencil battery status to show up. But, my issue is that there is no batteries widget to add/remove - so that fix is not an option.

I tried using the Bluetooth "forget this device" and re-adding it. That didn't help.

Just to be clear: When I go to the edit widgets, I do not see the batteries widget offered. There's plenty of other widgets listed, but no batteries widget. The pencil still works, but I can never see the charger status.

"Did you turn it off and on again"?

It turns out that power cycling the iPad fixed it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2016 8:51 PM in response to Andy Milne

Andy Milne wrote:

"Did you turn it off and on again"?

It turns out that power cycling the iPad fixed it.

Missing batteries widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.