Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps asking for Outlook email password several times a day and not pushing emails down

This has been going on over a month now, I have deleted and reinstated the email account. I have also restored the device but the phone keeps asking several times a day to enter the hotmail/outlook email password. If I ignore this it then stops syncing. I can then open the email app and it refreshes but until I do this emails will not be pushed to the device.

I had read somewhere that the issue was with outlook email as they were having server issues but cant find anything official online.

Anyone else having this issue, not having this problem with any of my other email accounts just the outlook/hotmail one.

This is happening on both my iPad and iPhone and it is really frustrating now as I keep missing emails.

Posted on Oct 12, 2016 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2016 4:36 PM

I'm having the same issue. The only thing I can see as a pattern is that I use my phone - Outlook asks for my password. Then the next day, I use my iPad, Outlook asks for my password. If I only use my iPad or iPhone, then it doesn't. I think it has something to do with different devices but it seems it should still work on both. This has been going on for me for about a month.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2016 4:36 PM in response to richardc1983

I'm having the same issue. The only thing I can see as a pattern is that I use my phone - Outlook asks for my password. Then the next day, I use my iPad, Outlook asks for my password. If I only use my iPad or iPhone, then it doesn't. I think it has something to do with different devices but it seems it should still work on both. This has been going on for me for about a month.

Nov 17, 2016 11:57 PM in response to richardc1983

This is happening to me too, It used to be just for my BT internet email but now it's happening with my outlook.com email as well. Laptop doesn't have the same problem.

This makes me think that it is an Apple problem not Outlook/BT. I've deleted the accounts and reset them several times, but the problem still keeps happening.

Please Apple sort it out!

iPhone keeps asking for Outlook email password several times a day and not pushing emails down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.