Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes gift card for iCloud storage

Can I redeem an iTunes Gift card for purchasing more storage on iCloud? And if so, how does it handle the fact that the purchase available is deducted on a monthly basis? Does it redeem the chosen amount which it then puts against payment of a certain amount of months usage of say 50GB, which is 0.99c per month? So for arguments sake, it redeems some $12 for a year's usage of 50GB. 😊

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2016 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2016 4:59 PM

Hi Apple 35,

I understand that you're looking to use an iTunes Gift Card to pay for an upgrade to your iCloud Storage. This is, indeed possible, although you'd need to first redeem the iTunes Gift Card to the iTunes Store account that uses the same Apple ID (your iCloud address), as iTunes Store credit is an accepted form of payment for iCloud Storage. Each monthly payment will first utilize existing iTunes Store credit to cover the cost of the subscription.

Accepted payment methods for iCloud storage upgrades include credit cards, debit cards, and iTunes Store credit. If you don't have enough iTunes store credit to complete your upgrade, you'll be charged the remaining amount. Apple Store gift cards aren't accepted as payment for upgrading iCloud storage.

iCloud storage plans and pricing

Cheers!
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2016 4:59 PM in response to Apple 35

Hi Apple 35,

I understand that you're looking to use an iTunes Gift Card to pay for an upgrade to your iCloud Storage. This is, indeed possible, although you'd need to first redeem the iTunes Gift Card to the iTunes Store account that uses the same Apple ID (your iCloud address), as iTunes Store credit is an accepted form of payment for iCloud Storage. Each monthly payment will first utilize existing iTunes Store credit to cover the cost of the subscription.

Accepted payment methods for iCloud storage upgrades include credit cards, debit cards, and iTunes Store credit. If you don't have enough iTunes store credit to complete your upgrade, you'll be charged the remaining amount. Apple Store gift cards aren't accepted as payment for upgrading iCloud storage.

iCloud storage plans and pricing

Cheers!

Dec 28, 2017 6:29 PM in response to alPal0

I feel your pain. Nobody will answer your question directly. I finally suceeded. First sign out of the Apple ID (id #1 in your case) used for the iTunes & App Store under Settings. Then sign back into the iTunes & App Store (under Settings) with your Apple ID you want to use the gift card & purchase the iClould storage under(id #2 in your case). Then open the App Store app. Tap "Today" at the bottom of the screen, scroll all the way to the bottom. Then tap "Redeem". Scratch off the back of you card, use the camera to scan the code in the box. You now have a credit from the gift card you redeemed.

Go to Settings again, tap you name, then iCloud, Manage Storage, Change Storage Plan, select the plan you want. It will chage the cost against the only payment method is has, the gift card credit.

Now go back in Settings to iTunes & App Store, sign out of (id #2), then back in with orginal id #1 (the id you were using for Family Share).

Now on the home page of Settings you will see the 2 different id's shown, id #2 under iCloud, and id #1 under iTunes & App Store.

Good luck

Apr 9, 2017 10:20 AM in response to chuck_3rd

I have a follow up question related to this. I have two apple IDs.

The 1st is for purchasing apps/music and the 2nd apple ID for iCloud services where I am paying for cloud storage. I want to redeem/add a gift card to my iCloud account (2nd apple ID) but on all my devices' iTunes apps I'm logged in with my 1st apple ID.

Is there a way to redeem an iTunes gift card without having to log into an iTunes app? If not, isn't there a time limit on logging into different apple IDs on a single device? Thanks in advance!

iTunes gift card for iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.