Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Underscore sign doesn't display in keypad

The underscore sign in my ipad mini 2 keypad doesn't display while signing in to my email address. But the sign does show up in the keypad when I write my password. How do I access the underscore sign while writing my email address?

Here are the screen shots of the keypad:

First screen shot is the one where the '_' sign is not displayed above '123', where it should be displayed, when I try to write my email address:

User uploaded file

The second screen shot is the where the '_' sign is displayed when I write the password.

User uploaded file

So my question is how do I get the '_' sign to appear when I'm trying to write my email address?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Oct 13, 2016 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2016 4:08 AM

I Don't use Yahoo mail but I went to the log in screen, tapped on the email field and this is what popped up on my keyboard.

User uploaded file

The device and iOS recognizes that field as an email entry text field and you should see what I see. Let me add that I am using the US, English, QWERTY keyboard. This is on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 10.0.2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2016 4:08 AM in response to Luitnoi

I Don't use Yahoo mail but I went to the log in screen, tapped on the email field and this is what popped up on my keyboard.

User uploaded file

The device and iOS recognizes that field as an email entry text field and you should see what I see. Let me add that I am using the US, English, QWERTY keyboard. This is on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 10.0.2

Oct 13, 2016 5:22 AM in response to Demo

I do see it now! I never looked down right. Actually, I'm used to Android keypad, where the symbols are in the 'secondary' keypad, not in the primary one. Also, I contacted Apple support and the guy kept telling me to look above '123', and I kept telling him the symbol isn't there, before he abruptly terminated the chat. Anyways, thanks for helping out.

Underscore sign doesn't display in keypad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.