Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps from iTunes install/remove list?

Is it possible to remove an app from the install/remove list in iTunes?

If so, how can it be done? If not, then Apple please change the iTunes software to remove an app from this list when it's hidden in the iTunes account. What's the point of hiding it in the iTunes account if it remains on the install/remove list?

1 - I know how to delete apps from an iPhone/iPad (lots of posts address this)

2 - I know how to hide/unhide apps for an iTunes account (lots of posts address this)

But how can it be removed from the list install/remove in iTunes? The screen shot below shows the list and the blue circle is an example, Adobe Ideas app, that still shows up on the list after being deleted from all devices (iPhone and iPad) associated with the iTunes account and hidden within the iTunes account.

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Oct 13, 2016 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2016 6:54 AM

That list of apps is populated from the My Apps section of that iTunes library - if you go to the My Apps section of your library (similar to how you view the My Music section of your library), select/highlight the apps that you no longer want, and delete them, they should disappear from My Apps and from that listbox

('If not, then Apple please change the iTunes software' - Apple are not here, these are user-to-user forums.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2016 6:54 AM in response to random99999

That list of apps is populated from the My Apps section of that iTunes library - if you go to the My Apps section of your library (similar to how you view the My Music section of your library), select/highlight the apps that you no longer want, and delete them, they should disappear from My Apps and from that listbox

('If not, then Apple please change the iTunes software' - Apple are not here, these are user-to-user forums.)

Deleting apps from iTunes install/remove list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.