Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iad-login.dotomi.com error message

When I go on any website, I get a pop-up message error: "Safari can't verify the identity of 'iad-login.dotomi.com. The certificate for this website is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be 'iad-login.dotomicom', which could put your confidential information at risk. Do you want to connect to the server anyway"? My options are then: "Show Certificate", "Cancel" or "Connect". I've been able to click on 'Cancel' to get to websites, but every new website gets this error message. How can I remove this? My desktop is MAC OS X 10.7.5

iPad 2, Mac OS X (10.7.5), IOS7

Posted on Oct 13, 2016 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2016 7:51 AM

Hi apple25,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like none of your certificates are being recognized. There are a few things that can cause this.

First, check that your date and time settings are correct.

OS X Yosemite: Set the date and time on your Mac
Second, reset the stored cookies and website data in Safari.
Safari 8 (Yosemite): Manage cookies and website data
Third, you should still be able to access the internet in safe mode. See if the issue persists in there.
Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up

Cheers.
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2016 7:51 AM in response to apple25

Hi apple25,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like none of your certificates are being recognized. There are a few things that can cause this.

First, check that your date and time settings are correct.

OS X Yosemite: Set the date and time on your Mac
Second, reset the stored cookies and website data in Safari.
Safari 8 (Yosemite): Manage cookies and website data
Third, you should still be able to access the internet in safe mode. See if the issue persists in there.
Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up

Cheers.

Nov 12, 2016 11:18 AM in response to apple25

tl;dr the message does not mean you have been infected with malware, and just deal with it.

This is an error with dotomi.com's certificate. Safari is doing its job and protecting you. What is it protecting you from? Probably ads that will try and serve malware. Either way it is not Apple's problem to fix, but solely dotomi.com's.

If you Show Certificate and then check the Always Trust... checkbox when continuing then the message will go away, but you should NOT do this. If you are that bothered, email the webmaster of the site showing these dodgy ads.

This is not a sign that you have been infected (you may be by another vector), but Safari is protecting you from a misconfigured cert.

iad-login.dotomi.com error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.