Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accountsd (CFNetwork) - Spamming console

Hello everyone, my console is getting spammed by 3 errors and I'm hoping you can help me track down why I'm getting so many of these errors. I get 3-4 of these errors every second. If I kill the process accountsd it stops for a while till it restarts then goes up again.

error17:18:24.087519 -0700accountsdTIC TCP Conn Failed [893:0x7f8db65368a0]: 12:8 Err(-65554)
error17:18:24.087979 -0700accountsdHTTP load failed (error code: -1003 [12:8])
error17:18:24.088077 -0700accountsdNSURLSessionTask finished with error - code: -1003

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 13, 2016 5:22 PM

6 replies

Oct 25, 2016 12:29 PM in response to chacko

I had a similar problem when trying to use ownCloud 9 with Calendar (calDAV).

Op does not say if ownCloud is in use.

@chako you may want to head over to the ownCloud ocServer forum if your client is "Unable to verify ..."

My experience is that 10.12 is now using different ports in some case. The op may have some other app trying to connect using a port that is not being listened to. As long as the app keeps trying the accounts daemon will oblige.

Oct 25, 2016 2:26 PM in response to OC-Carl

Thanks for the reply, OC-Carl

I do not have the "unable to verify account name or password" message in the console output. I have checked the OC forum and people seem to discuss quite similar problems there.

The problem that I have seems to be completely on the client side (Macbook) as I do not see any access/request entries from my Macbook in the apache logs while caldav works without problems on both Macbook and iPhone (and carddav also works on the iPhone). As I configured a custom port I hope that there is no issue with different defaults ports which 10.12 might be using.

Oct 25, 2016 3:03 PM in response to Solistar

So, I'm not really sure what was causing the issue. I reinstalled Office and a number of other things and it seems to have resolved itself. Previously I was having a ton of issues with outlook so performed a reinstall and also had to rebuild my spotlight index for my outlook mail folder. I also had to restore my outlook profile because when I rebuilt my computer it was not restored correctly.

Sorry, not much help I guess since I don't know what exactly I did to resolve the issue.

Oct 27, 2016 1:53 AM in response to chacko

It seems that the accountsd indeed has a bug when adding a CardDAV account: Regardless of the "Port" and "Use SSL" settings in the extended settings dialog, the connection is always made to port 8843 using SSL. I have changed my owncloud server port and SSL configuration accordingly, and now the CardDAV account can be added. However, I do not see any contacts, that is probably something for https://central.owncloud.org/t/owncloud-9-1-1-1-2-macos-sierra-carddav-not-worki ng/3481

accountsd (CFNetwork) - Spamming console

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.