Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clear Podcast History

So as we know, the Up Next list is here and buried unless you have a Podcast Now Playing. Once there you can see Up Next, which includes History, Now Playing, Up Next.

Any Podcast episode you have played will appear in the History list. This is even if you have deleted the Podcast episode completely.

My question is how do you clear this History list? You cannot swipe. There is not an Edit button. It appears static. Will this list eventually have Podcast episodes drop off due to time? What if there are Podcasts there in that list you do not want someone else to see for privacy reasons? There must be some way to clear it out as you see fit or remove individual episodes from History manually, right???

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 14, 2016 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2016 2:08 AM

I've got the same. It's strange the history isn't a complete history of what I've played. It's only got a few items in there. Nevertheless, can't clear it.

7 replies

Oct 25, 2016 6:14 PM in response to AtomicVariable

@AtomicVariable - while your issue may be different your question is the same one we are interested in.

I believe @srmandrew and I are hoping that if we can clear our podcast History list (one item at a time even) it may be able to unfreeze our History list.

This has been an annoying problem for me that I had in iOS 9 and I was hoping that iOS 10 would fix it but unfortunately it didn't.

Apple has the ability to "clear history" on most of their other "history lists" (e.g. in the Web browser) and so I don't know why they don't have one for Podcasts.

Dec 14, 2016 7:04 AM in response to AtomicVariable

I also have this issue, and it's a bit frustrating. It seems odd that in today's OS, any list as such would be permanently fixed, and not editable.

Between call logs, Safari history, cache usage and easily a half dozen more lists of data you get a "Clear" option, a "Delete All" option, and/or a red minus icon beside each entry for individual item removal.

I'd love to have this fixed soon, though iOS 10.2 just dropped and it wasn't addressed...so I doubt we'll see it changed any time soon.

How to clear Podcast History

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.