Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does Apple charge my payment card for orders?

When exactly they take the money from the bank account? is it when I place the order? or when they start shipping? or at delivery time?

and how can I contact them directly to specify this point? because of my local country policy of online shopping.

Thanks in advance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Oct 14, 2016 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2016 8:58 AM

Actually, Apple (iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Online Store, Apple Repair, etc ) take the money when the transaction is initiated. When the consumer presents the card for payment, the full amount of the transaction is charged to the card with one exception: if Apple is sending a replacement device under the Apple Care + agreement, Apple will simply place a hold on the CREDIT card or do a full withdrawal on a DEBIT card that will be refunded once the damaged device is returned to Apple.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2016 8:58 AM in response to deggie

Actually, Apple (iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Online Store, Apple Repair, etc ) take the money when the transaction is initiated. When the consumer presents the card for payment, the full amount of the transaction is charged to the card with one exception: if Apple is sending a replacement device under the Apple Care + agreement, Apple will simply place a hold on the CREDIT card or do a full withdrawal on a DEBIT card that will be refunded once the damaged device is returned to Apple.

Oct 14, 2016 10:59 PM in response to Stuart423

Instead of a general question; here is the actual case:

My credit card limit now is about 1100 $, and due to my country bank policy, this limit will change to be 100 $ effective from 17-October-2016. I want to place an order today for iphone7 plus 256GB sim-free Black and it will cost about 970 $ and it said 3-4 weeks delivery time.

So If I make the order today, will they take the money today or when they ship it (after the 100 $ limits applies)?

Oct 14, 2016 11:00 PM in response to babowa

Instead of a general question; here is the actual case:

My credit card limit now is about 1100 $, and due to my country bank policy, this limit will change to be 100 $ effective from 17-October-2016. I want to place an order today for iphone7 plus 256GB sim-free Black and it will cost about 970 $ and it said 3-4 weeks delivery time.

So If I make the order today, will they take the money today or when they ship it (after the 100 $ limits applies)?

Oct 14, 2016 11:10 PM in response to subzero1754

As we are all other users here, I suggest you contact the online Apple store and ask them as my personal experience has been that they do not actually charge the card until the item is shipped. This happened when I ordered an iPad Pro as a pre-order and shipment was to take place about 10 days later. So, maybe the other user's experience has been different; but, in any case, as we are not Apple employees, we are not able to give you a definitive answer regarding Apple's policies.

Oct 15, 2016 9:26 AM in response to Stuart423

Actually, this is what it says on the Apple store website (excerpt):

If you are shipping an item, your card will only be charged after the item has shipped. For pickup items, you will be billed before your item is ready for pick up. If your order contains multiple items, you may see multiple charges on your credit or debit card statement.

from here:

http://www.apple.com/shop/help/payments

When does Apple charge my payment card for orders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.