Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad activation lock help i have the receipt

i updated my ipad i havent used in a long time and now im locked out with the activation lock i tryed my icloud user name and password and it will not work i have my original receipt from when i purchased it.

serial number f4hjk51gf193

User uploaded file

iPad Mini, null

Posted on Oct 17, 2016 7:58 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2016 8:09 AM in response to etg77

We are fellow user, we can't remove the iPad from the account. (I've asked the hosts to remove the serial number from your post.)

You are typing in the id and password of the account that you were using in Settings > iCloud on the iPad, it shows on that account if you log into it on http://www.icloud.com ? If the iPad is on iOS 9 : If you can't activate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch after installing iOS 9.3 - Apple Support

You could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. your receipt with the serial number on it

ipad activation lock help i have the receipt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.