You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail stopped pushing to iOS devices

I don't use iCloud Mail that often, but today I noticed it's not pushing to my iOS devices. I didn't get notified of a login attempt. I sent 5 test emails to my iCloud mail and 1 pushed. The other 4 did not.

Is there a problem with push mail?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.2, 128 GB AT&T

Posted on Oct 17, 2016 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2016 10:33 AM

Try some of these ---

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Toggling Mail on/off under iCloud settings

Consider logging out of your iCloud account and logging back in

14 replies

Oct 21, 2016 8:09 AM in response to Morac

Did anyone fix this?

I have a @me.com account as well and last week pushes stopped working so I have to refresh manually in order to get new emails.

I talked to the apple support which transferred me to a senior advisor. Did the basic things(normal reset, network settings reset, switch off wifi, enabled and disabled pushes) but nothing worked.

They said they will let me talk to the engineers but 2 days have passed and nobody called me to fix my issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 24, 2016 6:03 PM in response to Morac

I Too have this issue, and have gone through all the hoops to fix it.

1. Restarting the iPhone 7 Plus
  2. Turning iCloud Mail off in both iCloud and iCloud Drive, then back on.
  3. Logging out, then back into iCloud.
  4. Factory Reset + Restore

I've done pretty much everything I can think of. I'm very sure it's an iCloud issue, or even an iOS 10 issue. It appears the iOS mail app is falling asleep or something, being frozen after not being used for a couple hours. I've already submitted the issue to Apple Bug reporter, but who knows how long that'll take, if anything happens at all.

Oct 26, 2016 8:37 AM in response to glemmen

Guys,

I spent hours with the basic support, then I talked to a senior advisor who tried to remotely control my phone but I guess he figured there was nothing else to do besides the things we all already mentioned in this thread so he forwarded my ticket to the "engineers".

Yesterday the same senior guy called me back telling me they released the new software update (10.1) which I did but long story short: I still have the issue.

In the list of fixes of the new software update I did not indeed read anything concerning the Mail pushes so I got suspicious from the very first second.

To me it looks like they still have to fix it...(sad face)

Oct 26, 2016 9:54 AM in response to whitebread32

WhiteBread32, same here.

I Had a ticket made after 2 hours of trouble shooting my phone, i haven't heard back yet though.

updated to 10.1, on the day they where troubleshooting my phone, so we will see what mine brings.

So far my quick fix is to simply turn Push off, and send iCloud to Fetch 15 minutes.

it's clearly not a fix, but it's the best of a bad situation that doesn't look like is going to be fixed anytime soon.

Doing a google search yeilds multiple threads with this issue, most seem to start around the time iOS10 came out.

iCloud mail stopped pushing to iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.