Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s gets pretty hot sometimes

Hello,

My iPhone 6s gets pretty hot sometimes, while I'm browsing through some websites. So, is there anyone else having the same issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2016 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2016 8:30 PM

Whenever the phone is using a lot of processing power it will get warm, sometimes quite warm. If the websites you are looking at have a lot going on, then it is using a lot of power. Unless you are experiencing a problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

Best of luck,

GB

8 replies

Nov 14, 2016 11:03 AM in response to Lord-voldemort

Yes, me too...researching on the Internet or, even, composing a lengthy email. My iPhone is almost out of warranty so I took it to an Apple store today. After diagnostic testing I was told there were no problems. But I KNOW it overheats. My father once made me aware hot plugs, for instance, were not to be ignored. I asked them to place a note on my account. At night I am now keeping it in the counter, not in the drawer. There really doesn't seem to be a problem 90% of the time. I'll probably start keeping notes when it overheats in an attempt to figure it out. I wonder if it's iPhone 6s or the new update.

Nov 14, 2016 4:17 PM in response to ja44

Again, it will heat up when you are doing anything that takes a lot of processing power. That is not overheating, it is just the heat that is generated by the CPU working very hard. As I posted above, my device gets warm when I back up and when I update the iOS. Gaming and going to websites that have a lot of popups and ads and other stuff going on all at once will both use a lot of power. It is not an abnormal thing for it to heat up when you are working the CPU hard.

GB

iPhone 6s gets pretty hot sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.