Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS10 Voicemail Glitch

I have an iPhone 7, with iOS 10.0.3, through AT&T. There are two issues with the voicemail system, since iOS10 rolled out. Anyone else seeing this??

1) The initial playback of a message might just stop in the middle for no apparent reason. Might be due to the transcription service finally getting done, while the message is playing. Might be due to me changing the way I'm holding the phone (is there a tilt back option that stops playback?). This has never been an issue before, nor have I noticed it when playing the voicemail for the 2nd or 3rd time. Ideas?

2) Each time I delete a voicemail, the list of other voicemails will change for the worse. Sometimes it's just added space in between each message. Sometimes it doesn't even display a name or phone # at all. Just prior to deleting the voicemail the screen was listing everything just fine. To reset the list to normal, I have to kill the phone app and restart it.

I should also point out that I have increased the text size on my device to slightly above center on the slide bar of sizes. The zoom setting is still set to 'standard'.

Thanks for anyone who replies with some ideas as to why this happens, or if it's happening to you as well.

User uploaded file

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.3

Posted on Oct 18, 2016 11:01 AM

13 replies

Mar 14, 2017 1:52 PM in response to gajtguy

This is a horrible problem that I actually had start on an iPhone 6 on Verizon back in June 2016. Spent 5 hours on the phone during the month of September trying to resolve. Sent me to the store for swap out under AppleCare and the "Genus" gave me a song and dance about why he couldn't replace. Called back and they mailed one. Seemed to work for a while. Upgraded to a 7 and boom, problem is back. And no one at Apple is willing to acknowledge this problem. Meanwhile there are a ton of threads on their Official Apple Support Communities and crickets. For those of us that use the phone and voicemail, this needs to get resolved.

Crickets!

Nov 30, 2016 1:52 PM in response to Cubaroo

As mentioned earlier, voicemail is a carrier function. Contact your carrier and ask them to reset your voicemail. This recommendation has corrected all the ones I've talked to about this issue. Seems it may be a glitch with the transcription, but your carrier will need to reset your voicemail account.

You may not like to hear it, but I have AT&T and mine has worked just fine with my iPhone 7. There is a very small percentage of people experiencing an issue, compared to the number of devices out there.

IOS10 Voicemail Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.