Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My right speaker is louder than my left speaker on my iPhone 7 plus. is this normal

When I listen to music on my iPhone 7 my right speaker is louder than my left speaker. Both speakers work. Is this normal. I restored my phone but nothing changed

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.3

Posted on Oct 19, 2016 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2016 1:59 AM

Hi

If you are referring to the two speaker grilles at the bottom of your iPhone, note that there is only a speaker on the right hand side - the left side does not house a speaker.

If you are referring to the balance of volume between the receiver / earpiece speaker and the bottom speaker:

• Go to: Settings > General > Accessibility.
  • Scroll down to check and adjust the audio volume balance slider.
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2016 1:59 AM in response to kerrynoles

Hi

If you are referring to the two speaker grilles at the bottom of your iPhone, note that there is only a speaker on the right hand side - the left side does not house a speaker.

If you are referring to the balance of volume between the receiver / earpiece speaker and the bottom speaker:

• Go to: Settings > General > Accessibility.
  • Scroll down to check and adjust the audio volume balance slider.

Oct 20, 2016 4:17 AM in response to kerrynoles

The second speaker is the earpiece if you listen to a youtube or some of your music video you will here it coming out from there and the other speaker on the base. The other space where the 3.5mm headphone jack was is now a barometric vent. By making the iphone 7 water resistant and sealing up everything they needed to use that space to make the barometer accurate.

My right speaker is louder than my left speaker on my iPhone 7 plus. is this normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.